Warren Construction Group is seeking a qualified individual with a strong background in high end residential construction to join our project management team. The applicant for this position should possess business management acumen and proven leadership, organization, communication, and time management skills. The right individual must have extensive knowledge of building trades, current building techniques and code requirements.
Our Project Manager's oversee the life cycle of a project, including budget, schedule, resource management, risk assessment/mitigation, quality control and safety culminating in exceptional customer service.
Further definition of responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Serve as main point of contact for project communication between owner, design team, general contractor, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with estimating and finance in the procurement and buy-out of the project and continual budget forecasting throughout the project. Maintain project budget and schedule.
- Develop a clear understanding of project scope by thoroughly reviewing plans, documents, and estimates with the ability to make recommendations for changes and implement when needed throughout the project.
- Bid solicitation and comparison leading to vendor and subcontractor engagement followed by management of the contracted parties to full execution of the agreement.
- Project financial tracking. including review and approval of payables and preparation of requisitions.
- Generate project record documents including RFIs, submittals, change orders and material delivery.
- Prepare and maintain project schedule and coordinate effectively with subcontractors to ensure that timelines for the project are met.
- Ensure construction efforts are in accordance with project budget, scope, and design.
- Review and management of project team and staffing requirements.
- Conduct weekly Owner/Design, Team/Contractor, and Subcontractor meetings; manage preparation and distribution of meeting minutes, project for planning, scheduling, and quality control.
- Assist the project Superintendent and other team members in the resolution of all critical issues with a focus on quality, cost, and schedule.
- Develop and manage running punch and close out lists to reduce job end tasks and potential warranty work. Complete and implement project closeout checklist and punch lists.
- Prepare and deliver project closeout documents including operation and maintenance manuals.
- At least 4 years of construction management experience managing construction projects in the custom residential market.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at various stages of construction concurrently.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Confidence to lead, motivate, and inspire a team.
- Thorough knowledge of contract language.
- Working knowledge of job costing and construction billing practices.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to read and interpret project drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of project scheduling.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with MS Suite of programs.
- Ability and willingness to embrace and learn new technologies that may become instrumental to the conduct of business.
Benefits package includes competitive wages, health, dental vision insurance, holiday and vacation pay, Health Savings Account, HRA, life & disability insurance, 401K, travel reinbursment plus shares in the employee owned company.
If you would like to learn more, please contact us.
Warren construction group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Connect with us thru LinkedIn